Wednesday, July 1, 2009

God is doing some amazing things this summer!


Students before they left for Sports Camp at Texas A&M in College Station!


We have sent our last group of students to our last summer camp of 2009, at Texas A&M for the All Sports camp! God has done some amazing things at these camps over the summer and we can't wait to see what else He has in store for those students in their upcoming school year.

Here are a few student testimonials from the Abilene Leadership Camp:

"This was the first time in 5 or 6 years anyone from our high school had been to a camp; so I didn't really know what to expect. I even thought about not coming because I was scared of what "could" happen. Now, after is is all said and done, I would have not missed this camp for the world. There was an immediate comfort level with my huddle leader and huddle that made opening up and truly fixing some problems very easy. It was obvious God was working very strongly in this camp because every message and every huddle time had so much for me to learn from. I didn't realize it at the time, but even in my free time activities I was being taught be the Lord. Definitely one of the best experiences of my life and I will, Lord willing, be returning next year." Junior, Garland High School

"I have a whole new outlook on God and His word now. I loved hearing from Garret [the camp speaker] and hearing the music. All the activities and free time was great I can't wait to go back and change my campus." 7th Grade, Clark Middle School

"Camp allowed me to make new friends that are in the same position as me struggling with the outside world. It surrounded me with people who could help me. The huddle leaders were awesome. I'm coming back next year." Junior, Plano West Senior High School

If you want to check out photos from the camps visit our shutterfly share site, http://dallasfca.shutterfly.com/!


On the office side of things we are celebrating our new Executive Director, Rick Bowles!!!


Stay Cool!
~Candice S.

Follow us on Twitter @dallasfca

No comments: